2009年3月29日星期日

Week 12: Irony behind the Earth Hour

Will the power generator in the electric plant stop generating power for one hour because there are no body using it? 28 March 2009 8.30pm, will the miracle happen?

I think I am just too naive to think so. I waited for days, hoping that the light polluted City would be swollen by the darkness even just 3600 seconds. I remembered that there was once a black out in my home town and the sky was so beautiful. All stars were so bright and well decorating the lonely sky. I was in the paradise. 'Earth Hour' seemed to be the best opportunity for the grey sky above the city to change its grown.

8.25 pm, I offed all the light and went to the playground. Heavily rained a few hours before, cozy and moisturised air freeze the place. Sadly, visible light still shined the night scenery. I comforted myself that the planed time was not reach yet, but it made no different even an hour later.

Why there are still so many stubborn people, so occupying with their own business until they have no time to accompany the mother earth in the real darkness? Have they watched 'Wall-E'? Do they think that one day they will all migrate out the earth and enjoy life in outer space, forgetting about the earth? Think over it yourself.

没有评论:

发表评论